Tuesday 9 December 2014

WARREN AUSTIN WROTE MY FAVORITE YOUTUBE SONG OF THE YEAR

CLICK HERE FOR WARREN AUSTIN YOUTUBE




Warren Austin is an artist I came across purely by chance and I must say the song I 
discovered him with, " Don't Throw Your Young Life Away", is probably my 
favorite youtube song of the year so far.

Hopefully there's a chance that many of the demos found here will go on to appear on Warren's first album due next year, entitled "Ho Hum". If so it should be a very strong debut indeed.

WARREN AUSTIN INTERVIEW

MARC :  WHEN DID YOU START THE CHANNEL?

WARREN :  I started off on YouTube about 6 or 7 years ago.

 MARC : WHAT MOTIVATED YOU TO START THE CHANNEL?

WARREN : I primarily did it to make short videos but it became a mixbag of music, surrealism and performance.

MARC : SO WARREN DO YOU DO ALL THE VIDEOS  AND THE MUSIC YOURSELF?

WARREN :  Yes I  do it all myself... much to my chagrin 

MARC : WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE FOR YOUR FUTURE ON YOUTUBE?

WARREN : My plans now are to have about five different channels on the go for each different project. One for short films, one for my singer /songwriterly material, another for electronic music, one for performance pieces and another for experimental video ideas. 

MARC : WHAT DO YOU FIND TO BE THE MOST SATISFYING  THING ABOUT WHAT YOU DO ONLINE?

WARREN : I don't find much to satisfy me from the YouTube projects to be entirely honest but it is nice to have an outlet for my madness. I hope to be much more satisfied further on down the road though.

MARC : WHAT MUSIC INFLUENCED YOU?

WARREN : My musical influences are far reaching. I started off by being obsessed by bands like T Rex and Queen, but am now into most musical styles... mainly rock still, but a lot of jazz, classical, funk and electronica also.

MARC : SO WARREN YOU HAVE AN ALBUM IN THE WORKS UNDER THE NAME OF FO FUM I BELIEVE. ANY RELEASE DATE FOR THAT YET?

WARREN : My album will come out next year, under the name Fo Fum. It will be called Ho Hum and will feature tracks culled from the last four year years of extensive songwriting. 

MARC : IS THERE A CONCEPT OR THEME BEHIND THE ALBUM?

WARREN : I'd say that the concept is to have something that is a cohesive whole... perhaps just sticking to one or two styles, before moving on and making loads more albums.

Click below for my favorite youtube song of the year -






2 comments:

  1. I love love love this guy's music. he's awesome. it's been a pretty well kept secret so far, but not for long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy ...I agree...Warrens got some great tracks check out the rest ;) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9tFsGE3VSYRrBocultALCw and here's one of mine for good measure ;) http://youtu.be/6tXpPBO2Ltk

      Delete